The official site is at gtcoa.com; this site is a “mock-up”.
Comments to Jerry Schmohl, About This Mock-Up Website: (modified 2/12/2017)
- This site is a “mock-up” website created by Jim Ingram for Jerry Schmohl.
- COST: This page is hosted FREE on WordPress.com — courtesy of Automattic (spelled with 2 “t”s), the company that operates both WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
- Domain Name: If this site were to be used, the domain name ‘gtcoa.com’ could be either ‘forwarded’ or ‘mapped’ to this website.
- Forwarding costs nothing extra.
- For “mapping” the domain, Automattic charges I think $13/year.
- The official site is at gtcoa.com , and also accessible by GravelyTractorClub.org .)
- I.e the Club owns two domain names, that go to the same website (the 1st is “mapped”, the second is forwarded).
- An older 2014 site is at ww.gravelytractorclub.org
- NOTE: This site seems to have been recently disabled.
- This”mock-up” website is built on the “basic no-frills” free WordPress.com using the “2011” theme.
- Note many links on the individual pages link back to the gtcoa.com site — as I just did a “quick and dirty” cut and paste from the real site.
- The official gtcoa.com site is (I believe) self-hosted and built using WordPress.org and a custom theme.
- This “umbrella site” at gtcoa.com is supported by about 9 other sites — which are detailed on the “List of GTCOA Websites” page.
Welcome to Gravely Tractor Club of America. The purpose of the Club is to facilitate the exchange of information about the history of the Gravely® company, tractor serial numbers, production changes, restoration information and details, parts and literature sources, and attachments.
2017 MOW IN:
- August 11-13, 2017, south of Pittsburgh, PA. CLICK HERE for details.
- MANUALS: GravelyManuals.com
- The Gravely Wiki — Gravely information and history
- MyTractorForum.com – the Gravely Forum – Where most of the Gravely people hang out.
- Yahoo Groups – the Gravely Yahoo Group
- Facebook Group – Gravely Collectors Group on Facebook
- Gravely’s For Sale Page on the Collectors Facebook Group
- Facebook – Gravely 4 Wheelers Group on Facebook
- More Gravely’s For Sale Page on the 4 Wheelers Facebook Group
- The GTCOA Classifieds Page has Additional Gravely’s For Sale